The foundation of Search Engine Optimization is a solid keyword strategy. We employ a number of different methodologies depending upon client budget, content, current SEO performance, market niche, geo-targeting and other considerations. For every project, we use enterprise quality purpose-built tools for keyword research, competitive intelligence, and analysis. Where available we will include data from your Google Analytics, Search Console, and search advertising programs.
Beyond great tools and data, we utilize our years of SEO experience to manually evaluate each keyword based on relevancy, search volume, competition and commercial value. Our proprietary keyword strategy reports not only show potential traffic by keyword but also a breakeven analysis* and ROI* calculation for your project.
Keyword Strategy Sample
*client must provide traffic and revenue figures for these calculations
Onsite SEO is a crucial element in any SEO program. Our process will ensure that your site is fully compliant with SEO best practices. We’ll:
- address any major issues with your site that could prevent proper spidering by search engines
- set up and properly configure Google Analytics, Search Console, and Bing Webmaster Tools
- install & test AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) for compatible WordPress sites
- install & test basic Structured Data plugin for compatible WordPress sites
- review and update on-site content ensuring adequate copy volume, relevancy, and keyword density
- add appropriate title and meta description tags for each page
- add/update robots.txt and sitemap.xml files
Offsite SEO or “link building” is constantly evolving and as such you need to ensure you work with an SEO company that is fully up to date with best practices.
Before we start, we will perform a high-level backlink analysis. This will identify (a) whether we to address any major issues with your existing links, and (b) whether we need to adjust our approach by creating a wider variety of anchor texts, changing geographical targeting, or other aspects of our standard process.
Our standard packages (below), employ a proprietary link building system (Contextual Links) that include key citation links, handwritten article posts, web 2.0 property links, social bookmarks, profile links, and more. In addition, we include speciality link building in each package.
Your link building strategy will depend on market niche, budget, internal marketing capacity and localization requirements. We will determine what will work best for your specific situation and may employ a combination of professional content development and link building techniques including any of the following:
- Local/citation or industry-specific directory links
- High domain-authority niche content links
- Guest posts
- Social media brand registration
- High-quality editorial links from major publishers
- Blog articles (high-quality content for your website)
Each month we will provide a detailed ranking and traffic report. Continue link building or cancel anytime after the initial 6-months.
If your site has been “hit” by Google’s RankBrain, Mobilegeddon, Pigeon, Hummingbird, Panda, Penguin, Payday, or other algorithm updates you may have suffered a big loss in rankings virtually overnight. This probably occurred due to unsound link building strategies using over-optimized anchor texts and/or low quality unnatural looking backlinks. The best way to regain your rankings is to identify and disavow the low-quality backlinks using Google Search Console.
Often when we first engage with a client we’ll need to implement a major disavow operation to “clean up the mess.”
On an ongoing basis, we will also monitor your backlink profile and routinely update your disavow list with Google and Bing on an as-needed basis. While all the links we build meet today’s standards, Google constantly updates their “rules” and you may receive low-quality backlinks from other sources.
Here’s how it works:
- Our software, SEMrush, identifies potentially “toxic” backlinks and notifies us automatically
- We update your backlinks “disavow” file and submit it to Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Google and Bing stop indexing those backlinks within a few weeks
- Your backlink profile and rankings remain safe